28 Oct 2006

Le Tour, part 4 Zagreb - Johanneshof

I left Zagreb around 10 Oct, and took the overnight train to Geneva. A little less sleeping was had than when i went to Zagreb, becuase of all the passport control crossing borders (and this happened in the middle of the night).

Once in Geneve, i met up with Abi, and made myself a nuisance at her family home there. Her family was amazing and welcoming, and they live in this gorgeous location outside Geneva in France. I laid low for a couple of days, having caught a bug in Zagreb and made worse by travelling. So i waited out the chills and the aches, and spent some quality time with satellite cable tv.

I made my way to the south of Germany, taking the train from Basel, Switzerland. I reached Johanneshof (in the black forest - beautiful!) by the evening of the 12th. Once at Johanneshof, i settled again and tried to kick the cold that refused to go away. I spent the next week sitting, cooking and cleaning with some old friends and lots of new friends at the Zen center there for our weeklong traditional retreat. It was wonderful, and intense, and surreal since i was sick. But it was an amazing experience and i hope to return to this special place in the German countryside someday soon.

No comments: